Thursday, April 29, 2010

Catching up and Whoot Whoot, it's National Scrapbooking Day this weekend!

Boy, when you wait too long, you have a lot of catching up to do on a blog. How does everyone do it? And I can type fast too!

Looking forward to National Scrapbook Day.
It's already started on some sites and some of them have been blasted so much with shoppers, they're having overload problems! Must suck to be so busy! I've offered up to do a BINGO over at Go Digital Scrapbooking on Saturday. Check this out.




I've created a couple of FREEBIE goodies for all the participants and the Grand PooPa winner will receive . . . well I can't say for sure, but here's a Sneak Peak at it:



Check out GDS for all the sales and fun activities here:


I've been working on a couple of kits the last couple of weeks. It's been using up all of my spare time. I recently was picked to be on Julie Marie Designs' (at Gotta Pixel) Creative Team. Here are a couple of her kits and the pages I have made for her.



This is from her most recent kit PRETTY IN PINK:


Here's her kit SPRING RENEWAL and a page I created from it:


My page:



I've also had the pleasure of making some layouts for Verena Karolyi Designs using her lastest new kits – Follow Your Bliss, Outdoor Feelings, and Mom's Day.  With Mother's Day following the week after NSD, it's time to start scrapping those pages for your Mother, of your Mother, or for all you Mother's-to-be! You can get her kits at GDS, Digital Scrapbook Art and Scrapbook Bytes.



Here's what I've done with this kit:


And from FOLLOW YOUR BLISS:


Then there is OUTDOOR FEELINGS and the page I created:




There are some great kits at GDS right now.
LIMEADE by Marshmella Designs. It's got a lot of light Spring colours:



And here's what I did with this one:


And Doreen Stolz has BEST FRIENDS in the shop:


And here's a page I created from it:


I've also entered the Penscrappers contest for the month of April. Voting is on right now, but there's only a couple days left. I would love it if you would cast a vote for me (Penscrappers is linked). There's a pretty cool prize for the winner. Here's what I did with their kit SPRING SPROUTS by Angie Svoboda: 


I've also entered a contest to be a Creative Team Member at Scrappity-Doo-Dah. As of this posting, I could not get on their website. There seems to be quite a few like that today. The economy must be on the rebound because I think there's a lot of shoppers out there! I'll post a link to their site when it becomes available again.

Here are round 1 and 2 pages I've done:




With the recent addition of more Supreme Team Members at GDS there's lots of fun happenings and challenges. I'm hosting the Scraplift Challenge there and here's what I did. I also did pages for the Photo Challenge, Lyrical Challenge and Journaling Challenge.








I've been a follower of Scrap Orchard since it's inception. There were a lot of designers I was following and I guess some of them got together and created the site. It made me quite happy because I could visit one site instead of hopping around the whole bunch. Here's some of the pages I've created from some of their kits this past month:





Wow, that's a full posting. Lastly, I have to give a big shout-out to my Vancouver Canucks! They've made it to round 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals and start their first game in Chicago Saturday. I get more nervous with every game and every round! But I wouldn't miss it for the world. I schedule everything around the games! 
GO CANUCKS, GO!!


LOVE MY ALEX BURROWS!

Enjoy NSD everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment